Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants II

A Giant victory could be on the horizon.
I just have to say, it flat out made me sick to my stomach when Sean Lee was placed on the IR.  I couldn't believe it.  I still can't believe it.  I'm pretty darn pissed off about it.  Too add insult to injury(pun intended), DeMarco Murray won't play this week either.  I'm on the verge of a breakdown.  Somebody needs to hug me before I do something crazy.

No but seriously, this sucks.  How can I get excited about the game this week against the defending Super Bowl champs in a stadium they have never beat said team in and will have to do it without arguably their best defensive player and their top running back?  That's a tall order.  The Cowboys winning this week just might be too much to ask, but it would certainly make me feel better.  If recent history has told me anything, the Giants will come into Cowboys Stadium and leave it with a W.  And of course you know Tony Romo will get all the blame.  Although a loss couldn't possibly anger me any more than I was after hearing about Sean Lee's injury.  The season almost feels like a lost cause already. 

Deep down I can't help but feel like the Giants seem to catch the most breaks against the Cowboys.  Last season, DeMarco Murray essentially missed both games against them after fracturing his ankle in the first quarter of the first meeting between the two teams in Cowboys Stadium.  In the winner-take-all finale they were facing Tony Romo with a swollen-hand while the offensive line was depleted, Felix Jones was playing with one shoulder, and the secondary still had guys like Terence Newman healthy and functioning horribly.  I can't help but laugh at the Romo injury because it was a fluke injury that happened in a game that ended up being meaningless anyway.  I do realize that the Cowboys won in Giants stadium earlier this season and caught some breaks, but let's be real here, that was the first game of the season.  You can't really consider that a "big game" so early in the season.  This Sunday is a "big game" and their season is almost on life support with a loss. These are the type of games that the Cowboys lose, especially when they are facing the Giants.

The Giants just frankly have the Cowboys' number these days, and I expect Sunday to be no different.  I see no reason to pinpoint the key players, keys to the game for each team, and all that other baloney.  This is a game that I just simply don't feel like fooling with all that nonsense because I'm too depressed and the end result will just be a Giant victory.

Literally everything is set up for this Sunday to be a massacre and I'm hoping like hell for the contrary, but I know the massacre is coming.  Losing Sean Lee will be evident right away as Eli Manning picks apart the middle of the field against this defense.  The Cowboys make some plays through the air offensively, but they will make too many mistakes on offense and have breakdowns in coverage defensively that Eli and Victor Cruz will exploit.  The Giants win this one in a Texas shootout 41-27.

I will feel really sorry for Tony Romo and the onslaught that will ensue regardless if he plays well or horribly in the loss(assuming they lose).  It's really not this guy's fault(Yeah I'm already making excuses for him).  You win as a team and you lose as a team, but the Cowboys faithful won't be pleased and many will call for his head.  I have a gut feeling that Romo's time in Valley Ranch is coming near an end.  I have to reiterate--from a previous article-- how much I agree with Skip Bayless' article on Romo.  He will never win a Super Bowl with this team.  This Sean Lee injury just goes to show how he has some of the worst luck and something bad always seems to happen no matter what.  Just when it looks like Romo will have an elite defense behind him for the first time in his career, they lose the heart-and-soul of the defense and its leader.  It's been the epitome of the Romo-era Cowboys.  Death smiles at us all, and all a man can do is smile back.

No comments:

Post a Comment